Wednesday 15 February 2012

Let No One Fool You: The Real Key To Success Is (Drumroll Please)…

I’ve been helping people change their lives for 30+ years.
And I’ve realized that one of the most common reasons why people don’t change is because they wait for the perfect condition to change.
But that’s a recipe for staying the same.
One November morning, an overweight guy told me, “I really want to get healthy. I want to start walking one solid hour every morning.”
“Great,” I told him, “When will you start?”
“I just need to buy a new pair of rubber shoes,” he beamed, “and I’m good to go. I want to walk with those hi-tech rubber shoes with air cushions in their soles. Once I buy that, I’m ready to conquer the streets. Boy, am I excited!”
When I checked him out in December, he said, “Oh Bo, it’s the Christmas season. I’m just super busy now. You know, with all the shopping and late-night parties.  But I promise you Bo, when Christmas is over, I’ll really get to it. Nothing is going to stop me from my morning exercise!”
In the middle of January, I bumped into him. He said, “I’ve not been able to start yet. Gosh, there’s a huge backlog in the office. Let me clear that off first. And I’ll jump into my exercise program right away…”
When I talked to him in April, he said, “Summer is crazy, Bo. My kids taking painting classes and music classes, and I have to drive them to all these classes every day.  After the insanity of summer is over, I’m really going to start walking every morning. You just wait. I’ll be burning the road. I’ll be sweating like a horse. I’ll be losing pounds….”
When June rolled in, he said, “The kids are back in school. Let me just settle them, buy their books, their uniform, their notebooks, and I’ll reeeeeeeeally start my exercise program in the morning. I mean, I can’t wait to walk on the road. The moment I start, I won’t stop. That’s me. That’s my personality. I don’t want to start anything half-baked…”
When I checked on him in October, he said, “Oh Bo, Christmas season is starting early this year. Let me let Christmas season pass by and I’ll reeeeeeeeeally get started on my morning walk…”
This man will never start.
Do you want to know if you’ll succeed in life or not?
Simply ask this question: Will you excuse or execute… 
(To continue reading Bo's inspiring article, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment